Menu

News

Posted on November 11, 2018 20:11

In celebration of our 180th anniversary, December 8th, we are sharing St Mary fun facts.  We will present a fun fact each week.  Please see the bulletin for the answer.  The question for this week is…

…. What furnishings were reused in our current church from the 1854 fieldstone church?
Answer: Our current church was first completed in late 1891. The main altar was refinished and moved from the fieldstone church. It was used for 13 years. It was replaced by the ornate altar we use today. The new altar was purchased and installed in 1904. Straight-backed pews lined the interior side wall of the new church. These were repurposed from the fieldstone church. These pews remained in use until the interior of the church was redecorated and restored following the fire of 1977.
 

 

 

 

 

Bookmark and Share